PLEASE NOTE : This competition closes on 4 September 2016
Are you a keen amateur photographer? Do you regularly take photos of National Trust places? Could your photograph be the 2017 National Trust Handbook cover?
Our pals at the central NT office are looking for a pretty special photo to use on the National Trust Handbook 2017. We know we have some amazing photographs taken by our visitors and wonder if you could provide said image? Read on for more information on this competition that is being run in partnership with Panasonic.
We’d like to invite you to photograph one of your favourite National Trust landscapes and share it with us. Pro photographer or not – it really doesn’t matter. The winning picture will become the cover of the 2017 Handbook and be seen by more than 4.5 million people. The winner will also receive a state-of-the-art Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX8 camera.
What are we looking for?
Our judges are looking for an image that sums up the spirit of the landscape you’re in and what it means to you. Perhaps it’s a sense of calm as you look out over rolling pasture, or excitement as waves lash over a towering cliff face. Maybe you love to see colourful displays of summer flowers, or your children running through woodland.To be in with a chance of winning, please read the following information carefully:
- The photo needs to be landscape orientation, as the winning image will wrap around the front and the back of the Handbook.
- Your picture needs to be taken outdoors on National Trust land.
- It can be taken at any time of day and at any time of year.
- It can have people, animals and buildings within it, but our judges will be looking for an image that gives an overall sense of the place it was taken in.
- If you choose to include people, you’ll need their written consent to be included.
- Your file should be submitted as a compressed jpeg up to 10MB in size (Maximum of 4,000 pixels in length/300dpi)
- The file name should include your name, surname and the name of the property it was taken at. e.g. NAME_SURNAME_PROPERTYNAME.jpeg
The closing date for entries is 4 September 2016, and there is no limit to the number of entries you can make.
For more information, including how to enter and the terms and conditions, visit the National Trust website pages.