Mrs Horton has another of her recipes to share with us. This is one some of our cooks are often found making in the kitchens…
This rich pudding is a favourite in the servants hall! Let me share with you the recipe.Batchelor’s PuddingIngredients
4 slices of white bread
1 large cooking apple
2 tsp lemon rind, grated
1 tsp grated nutmeg
- Peel and core the apple and chop finely
- Chop bread into fine breadcrumbs
- Mix breadcrumbs, currants, apple, nutmeg, sugar and lemon rind.
- Whisk eggs and add to dry ingredients
- Put into a well greased pudding basin, cover with greaseproof paper and tie with string.
- Steam for 1 1/2 – 2 hours