We have been really busy for the last few weeks getting the garden ready for a special garden party with the National Garden Scheme (NGS) on Saturday (June 16th).
The NGS is a charity founded in 1927 to raise money for district nurses. Charlecote Park was one of 600 gardens to open to the public that year, with all garden entry fees going to the NGS*. In order to make this an extra special day we have been busy organising lots of different activities including:
• Manystalls run by companies and charities that we work with including the
• A children’s plant workshop in the nursery – pot up a plant sow a seed and take home some plants for your garden.
• Take a guided walk in the park or garden with the warden or gardener.
• Live music from the Bedworth wind band
• 1920’s classic cars on display • Buying lots of new children’s games for the gardenWe will also be joined in the afternoon by our guest of honour, Dame Judi Dench!
Come along and spend the day with us, joining in all our fun!
Lisa, Park & Garden Manager
*National Trust members still admitted free of charge!